Monday, October 5, 2009

~ Use # 241 for Scotch Tape ~

My student teacher was observed today, which meant I was kicked out of my room for a bit. As I sat in the hallway, hole punching and filing paperwork, Mr. X across the hall stepped out on the phone. When the vice principal got on the phone, the following story unfolded...

K., a student in Mr. X's room, was having a rough morning. He'd been sent to the hall multiple times, where he disrupted other students and molded modeling clay around his nose. K. decided he was ready to come back in, and so Mr. X let him in.

Within 10 minutes of being invited back in, K. managed to get some Scotch tape. He decided to tape the inside of his throat. Yup, that's right, the inside. This had the unfortunate consequence of making him gag. And we all know where gagging can lead. Mr. X was calling to request clean up of his floor. Delightful.

My first thought was that apparently crazy had moved across the hall this year. My second thought...who would have thought Scotch tape could be used for such a purpose. I guess it's true...you learn something new every day.

No comments: