Monday, October 19, 2009

~Oh, the things I'm missing!~

There are several things I miss about teaching fifth graders.
Sense of humor.
Independence.
The ability to remember more than two consecutive directions.

But then there are the things I'm really glad to be missing.
The Period Club.

Yes, the period...the dreaded monthly visit. Er, dreaded unless you're a fifth grade girl, that is. Across the hall (which is fifth grade land) M. has started her period. Soon, a bevy of girls from across the hall head to the bathroom several times a day, because they're sure they've started. They have conferences in the bathroom to discuss whether they've started, and how they can tell for sure.

And so my former partner teacher finally took away their bathroom passes. The girls have designated times to use the restroom. And they have to be supervised.

The thing is...the girl who started her period was supposed to be in my room this year. So it seems I've missed out on the Period Club.

There are still things to do a happy dance about.

No comments: