Thursday, January 31, 2008

Wow...just....Wow...

Geography tests have to be some of the most entertaining things to grade ever. ever. Well, entertaining or just plain sad, I haven't decided yet.

One friend of mine still asks me about the boy named Mitch who, when asked what country he lived in, wrote the answer, "Mitchigan." While that has to be the laugh-out-loud winner for the "I have no clue where I am" group, regional state tests have also been entertaining this time around.

First the "I'd like to laugh but probably shouldn't since I don't always remember north and south either:" Switching North and South Carolina around. I wanted to cry and tell this child that it only takes a few extra second to look over your answers and think, "hmm...north is up and south is down. hmmm...perhaps these are backwards."

But the winner for the laugh-out-loud moment in the southeast region? Pitying the poor people who live in "Vagina" or "West Vagina."

2 comments:

MaryElizabeth said...

That's funny! I found your blog by searching teachers. I am a high school Math teacher. Just looking for fellow teachers to bounce ideas off of. I had a similar experience on a Math test I gave my geometry class. The statement was: "If I get caught cheating, then I will get a zero on the test." The task was to put "not" in the first half and the second half of the sentence. This student wrote: "If I don't get caught cheating, then I willn't get a zero on the test."

MAX said...

Hey Gina! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm going to add you to my list of "cool singles" if you don't mind. :)

Talk to you soon!

Max