Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I can see clearly now....

....the rain is gone (for now, at least...)

Praise God for sunshine!! The children are going outside for recess today!!

Yesterday was the second consecutive day of indoor recess. *thumps head into wall* As you can imagine, my very active group does not do well with indoor recess. Sitting quietly and playing nicely isn't really their thing. So they play games which involve balls...more specifically, throwing balls. So I'm sitting in my classroom during lunch recess, enjoying my chicken noodle soup (homemade by yours truly, thank you very much), when I see a student lugging a large box of poster paper towards me.

Now, my general policy on my location during indoor recess is "the farther away from my classroom, the better!" However, if I have to be in the room, my policy is "Pay no attention to the woman behind the desk! I'm not here, take your problem to someone who's in charge of recess." This may sound harsh, but I assure you, it's for my own mental sanity. And even with these policies, here comes this student dragging this bulky box of paper toward me.

Long story short: Miss L. was given an aromatherapy reed diffuser set for Christmas by one of her students. Since Miss L. lives in a teeny-tiny house, in which the lilac scent would be overpowering, she decided to use it at school. (Yes, you can probably see where this is going.) Silly, silly Miss L. apparently took leave of her senses when she came to this decision, thinking that a small container of scented liquid would be completely safe in her classroom. Students crazed by too much indoor recess hit the bottle with a ball, knocking it onto a giant box of poster paper.

At least now I can write gigantic love letters which will smell like lilacs....now....who to send them to??? :o)

No comments: