Friday, January 25, 2008

Reason #489

Reason 489 why my children need to go outside for recess:
After being banned from playing with balls inside yesterday, I walk in the room to see ten of them, lined up on their knees next to the linoleum in my room, both hands on the floor, little rears sticking up in the air. As I watch, the kid at the far end of the line slides something down the linoleum to a kid at the other end. Everyone in the middle tries to smack it as it goes flying by. The lucky kid who catches it switches places with the kid who flung the thing in the first place. I take a closer look. They're trying to catch a penny. And when I ask, "What in the world are you doing?" this is the answer I get:

We're bored and we can't throw balls anymore. We had to do something.

Oh, of course...silly me. Please, God, let them be able to go outside for recess today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, you stole the reason #X from me...*imagine sticking out toungue smiley here* At least it's the weekend!