Tuesday, March 31, 2009

~ All in the Family ~

Two years ago, K. was in my classroom. I loved K. and her spunky little ways, and one of the things I remember about her is the way she turned in assignments. Never just folded in half, or even in fourths, not this girl. She'd start by folding them in half, then continue the fun by accordian folding the assignment, or maybe creating a little fan out of the paper. It was a little mini-adventure just to get her paper unfolded and laid flat to read it.

This year, her little brother R. is in my room. R just folded his math paper in thirds, folded all the edges back a couple of times, and then proceeded to staple the life out of it. When I told him I didn't really want to have to use a staple remover just to grade his assignment, he solemnly held it up, showing me that all the answers were on the front of his little art project.

Is the desire to fold paper genetic, or what?

No comments: