Thursday, December 16, 2010

~ 20 Questions ~

Ah, indoor recess. On my top ten of things I dislike, this is right up there. Recess should be for playing, running, getting fresh air, and generally coming inside more calm than when they went outside.


With the windchill hovering at 1 degree, the kiddos are inside for recess. I, foolishly, decide to stay in rather than run away to the teacher's lounge. I know the next twenty minutes will be like the game 20 Questions, except it will go on and on until the kids leave for lunch. Indoor recess with a teacher in the room is like open season. It's now time for students to ask every single question they've been not-so-patiently waiting to ask all day long.


"Mrs. N, can we throw the ball in here?"


"Mrs. N, can I use the restroom?"


"Mrs. N, can we use your tape?"


"Mrs. N, why is this book called Niagara Falls, Or Does It? That doesn't even make sense."


"Mrs. N, can I use the computer?"


"Mrs. N, what is this for? What does it do? If you don't use it, why do you have it? Did you ever use it? Why don't you use it now?"


"Mrs. N, I know I'm not supposed to, but can I use your stapler just one time on my paper airplane?"


"Mrs. N, when the schedule says 'Math p. 88 - 89' does that mean we're using our math books?"


"Mrs. N, why does the green whiteboard marker actually look blue?"


"Mrs. N, did you know this picture has my cousin in it?"


On and on it goes, with me giving primarily one word answers which don't seem to faze them at all, the questions just keep coming while I keep hoping for a nine degree temperature jump...

No comments: