Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Thursday, oh Thursday, you've been so much kinder to me than Wednesday was.

* This Thursday I found my new favorite spelling mistake: AGHSOME. Allow me to translate for those of you who don't deal with creative spelling every day. aghsome = awesome. As in, "I'm having an aghsome morning!" I'm trying to think of anyplace, ever, where 'gh' makes a 'w' sound. So far, I'm drawing a blank. Any ideas?

* This Thursday I found the newest slogan I'd like tattooed to my forehead for later use. "Where is your MUTE button?" As seen on one of those T-shirts I can't believe parents actually spend money on and allow their children to wear. I don't think any child should be wearing a T-shirt which says that, but I can see where I could definitely use the slogan.

* This Thursday morning, since my kids are in the middle/end of roughly 40,000 projects and assignments, I declared this to be a work session morning. We made a list, I told them they were in charge of keeping track of where they were and how much time they had left, and we went to work. And amazingly enough, they're actually doing it! Aghsome!

* This Thursday morning, my autistic child came in, followed directions, and got all his work done without a single temper tantrum. Double aghsome!
Hope your day is as AGHSOME as mine - what do you have to be thankful for this Thursday?

No comments: