Monday, March 21, 2011

~Reason #238 ~

Reason #238 why I am so glad to be back in 5th grade this year: Math is so much more entertaining.

It is fraction time in 5th grade, and today we wrote fraction stories to demonstrate the fraction 2/3. This assignment had two requirements:
1. The answer must be 2/3
2. It must have a picture that makes sense with the story.

After five minutes of raised hands asking, "Can we....?" with me replying, "Is your answer 2/3? Does your picture make sense? Then yes you can do it, " these are some of the stories I got:

* A blueberry popsicle was cut into three pieces. Two senior citizens each ate one piece and put the rest back in the freezer.

* A cucumber was cut into three pieces. I threw two of them at my brother. What fraction did I throw at my brother?

* A pizza was cut into three pieces. I gave one piece to my dog and threw one at my brother.


* A square was chopped into three pieces. A friend and I are eating a piece each.

* I had three slices of cake. I threw one at my teacher and a hobo grabbed one and ate it. What fraction of the cake did I lose?

Gotta love that fifth grade humor!

No comments: